Saturday 27 June 2009

Recent Results* (I got a first!)

Hey

Lots of stuff to get through, it's been a while.

Firstly, props to fenix35 who is on a sicko run atm, both live and online. It must be nice!

Poker

Tbh haven't played as much as i really should have. Have done a couple of meh day jobs (got another on monday) that bring in a few pounds but generally have no motivation atm. If im not seeing friends, gf, family or generally out then im asleep, so havent had much time for poker. I've won about $160 playing 10 hu sngs, 5% roi, meh, rb is another 60-80 tho so its not too bad. However I am stuck like 200 on tournaments, 100 on cash. I don't think ive cashed in 10-15 tournaments or so. Most have been sattellites where top 2-3 go through, i keep going really deep but losing crucial flips or some shortstack on bubble gets it in 3 times behind, wins all 3, then i lose a 60:40 to go out without a cash. meh.
Played a couple of tourneys on ipoker too, $15 4k gtd last night, get 1500 up to 4k, blinds get to 50 100, bb has just lost a big pot and is down to 4k, folded to be in sb with KK, i make it 275 he ships with 33....loyal 3's obviously flop a set and i lose an 8k pot. murrr. Then this morning played a $10 freeze, 120 runners, 80 or so left and ive got 3k, blinds 30 60, utg limps, i limp mp with 88, button makes it 3x, sb calls utg calls so i call. board K 10 8, sb ships 900 into 500 or w/e, utg min raises to 1800, i ship for 1k more, button with 2.5k behind thinks and calls, and utg calls. Pot is like 11k when avg is 2.4, sb has 44 (wtf) utg has k5o (wtf) and button has JJ (WTF.) Q turn, J river, see you later.

So, to conclude, im a bit fed up with poker atm!

Non-poker

Off to Sweden next saturday to visit StigOwe with jeal, there for a week. Only costing £20 return with ryanair (ship) so is keeping the vegas fund safe. Hopefully we can have some good sessions together and i'll refind some run good and actually make some more spending money!

As mentioned in the title, I got my results this week...and got a First! I genuinely had ruled it out, thinking a 2.1 was my destiny. On Thursday I got a call from my mate luke saying results were on the internet, was driving with my gf so when we got back in my family and her nearby as I squeezed out my results on the laptop. Last year when I was .6% short I went a bit pissed off so had warned hannah that I might swear a bit if I bubble one again! It reads attained: I Class I...I had to recheck a few times before I could believe it. My family + gfs family were all really pleased etc so that was nice, all of my friends have been really congratulatory too, it's been an awesome few days. Unfortunately two of my close friends were less than 1% away, which has taken a bit away as it would have been nice for us all, but there you go.
I should hear for definite about the scholarship on Tuesday, it is essentially mine but until its in writing i'm still not going to properly celebrate. Will be pretty sick opening up an email potentially worth 90-100k though. :/

Vegas stuff is sorted, we will be riding around in one of these:



Oh, and I got stung by a wasp yesterday. It hurt like hell, and I can still feel it this morning! beware.

Thats all for now, I am going to be playing a few more mtts this week as I really feel I am playing well, just need to learn how to hold in the later stages!

Gl all,

Adam

(this isn't written very well but atm im in a rush!)

No comments:

Post a Comment