Monday 9 March 2009

Quad Q

https://www.pokernetwork.co.uk/games/handhistory/?sRoundReference=T4%2d90915072%2d39

I had pocket queens in this HU SNG.. Any thoughts on how I may go about getting some more money in pot? This guy was playing quite passive, but was often bluffing turn, so I think my line was probably the only one likely to get any more val.. but not sure.. River is not a good card even though it makes the quads, I think I would like a K or something there.. Next hand I tid. :D

I had been down to 160 in chips in that SNG.. :D lol.. he hit straights on 3 out of first 5 hands, I had been raising PF, and he calls with 37 sooted.. I have (A6s) and he makes straight when flop is 4 6 A, I bet a bit, he raises, I call, turn is blank, I bet he raises, I call, River is [5], I bet, he calls (wtf.)and shows the straight.. I'm like WTF.. :D LOL.. he is a donk, don't know how he manages to have such a small loss rate.. :S.


Any thoughts on the quads much appreciated!

Thanks. Markx

4 comments:

  1. on the qq hand, i firstly would of raised pre flop.
    though the way you play it, i don't mind the check on flop as board is so dry. though if you have been c betting alot in position then i bet it out, and maybe even more of case against this player as he raised you with a gutshot early on so shows he is spewy.
    You have to bet turn! If he hasn't got a hand then he folds oh well move on next hand, but with such a strong hand you have to try and build a pot.

    Also on the hand where you had top two A6, and the guy raises you on flop and turn- why did you not re-raise at any point? even though he was doing it with air it loos like he likes his hand, so i think you lose value in hands like tht on that board by jus calling both times.

    good luck and gg.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Err the QQ hand was pretty bad tbh.

    Any thoughts on how I may go about getting some more money in pot?

    "you can only get chips by putting chips in the pot"

    I dont miiind flatting pre... but again prefer making it 125. Given he misses 2/3rd of flops anyway, you might as well get some money in pre so he doesn't open fold the flop.

    As played, i prob bet min on the flop. If he has a 2 or 3 he stays in/raises. If he doesn't then he doesn't, he wouldn't be paying you off regardless if you have a set or not. You cant check behind hoping he turns a pair, as you then suddenly becoming active if he bets screams of a checked behind Q anyway

    As played you haaave to bet the turn too as he can have picked up SO many random draws that you can extract value from quite often.

    By the river you're only getting paid by A-high and a random checked jack..so i personally think your line is sub-optimal.

    I don't mind flatting the flop in the A6 hand when he raises, but 4-bet shoving the turn is soooo +EV it's unreal. He has random two pairs and bare aces here, and semi bluffs where you only get money in on the river if you're crushed that you have to shove for value.

    -Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. AIPF FTW, u werent sure where ur at river so id push :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys.. I agree line on QQ was sub optimal, and having done some more reading since, He had been folding a lot pre to a raise in the latter stages, and I know I prob fold a few flops. But I think I should be betting flop, to get something more in the pot, not much but a bit, if he doesnt have anything, I guess he will fold, but if he hasnt got anything on the flop, he prob wont have anything later, I am hoping he bluffs turn, as he has done several times, but when he doesn't it is where I should really be doing so, I think the bet on turn probably gets called.. and if not, once again, he is unlikely to be calling/ betting the river anyway.

    Next time I get quads I will get value.. :D LOL

    ReplyDelete