Friday 6 March 2009

Tilt, Player Selection and Grind

Hi guys..

Opened account on onGame network today, following the success that Rivers and Owe have on it, decided I would give it a blast.. Started great.. chose some fishy players in HU SNGs, ftw. (also purchased some sharkscope searches ftw.)

Then had a blast with a $5 HU SNG.. -$5.50 ftw. A visiter had come to see me, and I was mid game, and rushing..

I was happy with play up to that point, so decided (foolishly.. I will hit a $10 one, and win back the loss) obv. didnt work.. -$11 then.. once again the tilt drove me to another $10 turbo HU SNG.. and expectadly.. same result.. -$11.

With the money I initially was up, my $25 trial buy in is now at ~$1!! I have a dip for $25 more, and take a break..

Come back for a $5 full table SNG... lose. but happy with play. Anyway go for dinner.. Open up a couple of $5 full table SNGs.. end up 1s in one, and 2nd in other.. bringing BR to $51.20.. so thats 1.20 profit! LOL

Anyway.. I decide I am done for the night.. watch the rest of highstakes s5 ep1.. and get inspired to play again.. Its late, and I'm tired, so decide it will be $1 SNGs only.. Open up a couple, bust out of one, bad beat, but not especially so, and not worth analysing :) other table I am above average.. I open up another to sit along side (these are all 10 handed turbos)come 1st in both the others..

Anyway end result is that my balance stands at $61.60 I was down a fair bit, but once I got back in the right frame of mind, and back in a comfort zone with regards my BR.. I was playing at probably about 80% and tbh. you dont need any better than that at the microstakes, as the other players skill levels tend to mean, untill you are HU, you are down to basic strategy type play... with the odd bit of imagination ftw.. :D

So it's another $11.60 for the bankroll, and another day where I finish in profit.. which is good. And allthough I deviated from my BR's capacity, and showed little tilt discipline, I was able to come good again by reverting back to what I know deep down is when I play my best..

I missed, POKSOC tonight, as was intending to do EU Law Coursework.. as it turns out, I am up till after midnight, and so far today have not done a single piece of CWK.. still I have tomorrow free.. :D LOL

---

and one final thing... LMAO at Adam inviting Annette Oberstad to UEAPT, shame she declined the invite.. I am thinking about inviting Gus Hansen instead.. LOL


--

GG.GL.GN.x

1 comment:

  1. She would come if the dingo came, and shame on her not accepting! dirty dirty W....! Well to be honest she wont be able to handle it! mwah

    ReplyDelete