Wednesday 18 March 2009

Tilt

Hi everyone, I wont be posting for a little while.. Have cashed out all but the remnants of my BR, after a horrendous tilt session, costing me ~40% of BR.. very poor discipline obv. sealed the deal in $33 6 handed SNG.. am in 3rd, and in strong position in chips, chip leader only has about 0.2 BB more than me, and together we have 80% of chips.. I have pocket 7's and I call an AIPF against pocket 10s.. normally in that spot, I would normally fold, the likelyhood is I would have ended up with $90, or prob actually $210, if I fold but end up donking it off to the chip leader with that hand, and go busto.. Party BR, down to under $10.. I know that the best thing for me to do is to take a complete break from online poker.. so have cashed out, money will come in handy at the moment anyways.. Lesson has been learnt, and (hopefully) will not be repeated.. I am in profit for past couple of months over all anyways, but would have been much better off, if today had never happened..

tbh. tho, my play in that 6 handed SNG was really, good, I was dominating most of the field, and made chip lead, even though I was getting no decent hands.. Had been stealing a bit, had semi-loose agg. image, this guy had got very lucky throughout, knocking out a guy early on who was playing much better than him.

I think I may take Owes advice about increasing my BR. Maybe will leave internet poker alltogether until after exams, then fund with half a K or something, so that I can play a bit higher stakes, developing my game a bit more.. my ROI is better at higher stakes, so maybe that will work out..

So for me it is live poker only at the moment...

On we go.. we learn by our mistakes I guess...

(not)GG.. lol.. GN.. GL.. :D

2 comments:

  1. good luck with the live poker ;-)
    I have become a follower of your blog after seeing your link on a mutual friend’s blog. I update my blog every day (well at least I try to).
    My blog is about my poker exploits and my day to day activities.

    I would be very grateful if you could drop by and become a follower of my blog. I’ll also put a link in for your blog – could you possibly do the same for me and put me in your reading list?

    The blogs that I read are listed by the most recently updated, so the more you update the more hits you will receive from my site as you will be top of my list ;-) I have a comments section and I always return all comments.

    Many thanks and hope to see you drop by soon

    Steve H

    www.steveholdenpoker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only worth making mistakes if you learn from them

    ReplyDelete