Monday 2 February 2009

"Standard i flop the nuts- I don't know where i am. Probably in the monkey pen at the zoo"

Hey peeps,
In all honesty i thought i would be posting today to let you know how my aim to double my bankroll in a week was succesful and i was about to step up in buyins, though it may look like it may take me a bit longer from the way i've been running today.
Played about 20 sng's sunday and was running pretty standard winning some, 2nd in others and bubbling in a few, but overall was in profit for the session. Then at the end of the session came to a nice little heater where i cashed 4 in a row winnin 3 of them. This leaving my bankroll looking healthy and was about 70% completing the goal i had set. Here are some hands from the session;

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3800585
i was short in chips here and usually try to avoid all ins in first couple of levles without big pairs, though watched this guy play a6 horribly earlier and decided to read his soul.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3800586

interesting hand. both biggest stacks at the table, once he called my turn bet i was suspicious of a set of sevens. Decided to call his bet on river as feel im beating/splitting the pot with alot of his range here.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3800588

Don't know why i pushed the turn as i'm never getting called by a worse hand in that spot. Or as least thats what i thought!

Went to bed feeling good, and expected to get up next day and reach my $600 dollar mark.
This is where i was wrong. Have just played 4 SNG's and not cashed in any, all in what i felt i was good position to at least cash in.
Had one spot where i was chip leader limped with 55 on button, bb checked. board came 9 6 5 two diamonds. he check i bet he called. turn was a 10spades and he open pushed all in. was about half my stack but i called thinking he wouldn't play 78 this way. this is where i was wrong lol. terrible push by him in that spot really as any other hand i have i fold and hes gettin no real value from his hand. obv read my soul. this crippled me then my button push get called by a4 and hold so im out.
Next hand that crippled me to shortstack when i was chipleader again was a 4 way all in pre flop.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3803428
Don't know why the guy wit ak thinks hes good here. terrible call for all chips in tht spot. But i am playin $10 so cant moan that much. Proceeded to go out of that when i pushed short stack and lost my 40/60.
Fired up another two and thought i was guranteed to win both of them. As deck was hittin me in the face. Over two tables had easily 20 pocket pairs (queens about 6times) and a big variety of broadway combinations. Though got no real action with any hands. Not going to showdown once did nothing for my image as they obv thought i was an agro manaic. Proceeded to play back at me in later stages. Raised on the button wit ak similar stack 3 betted from sb i smooth, flop was all rags and he bet half his stack so folded. I was now short pushed on button with aq and got insta called in sb with aces (was 3 handed-gg). Relativelty steamed busted out of other SNG pushed when i was short with AcJc got called by big stack in bb wit JdQd and he managed to turn a flush to give me another loss.
Now decided to write this to try and steam off and it has helped, also just about to play heads up agasint my housemate on fulltilt as it allows you to play on same IP for hu only.
Hopefully next time i post i would've of doubled my roll and well be playing the dizzy heights of $20 6max!
Peace out.

1 comment: