Friday 29 May 2009

Adam update - Summer

Right then. It's Friday evening. Tomorrow I have an exam at 1.30, then another on Monday at 3.15. After that, I will have completed a degree (wtf) and have 3 months to kill. The first week is - Monday night meal with poker lads, tuesday going on a boat with some mates, cash game on the water! then pub crawl + lcr, wednesday is gf's friends bbq then night out, thursday is optic party, friday prob bbq at my house with family, saturday is summer bash lcr. Ship!

Anyhow, here are my plans for the rest of the summer:

1) Poker. This month i've luckboxed my way to $450 prof, not playing that much at all cos of exams. I have Vegas paid for inc some money for food/petrol etc, so whatever I get now is paying for my Poker. I really want to have about $2k-$3k for the trip, enough for a few buyins at NL200 and some of the $100 tournaments too.

Plan:
$11 hu sngs until $800, then move up to the $20s.
$4/$7/$12 180 mans for fun/ I know im +EV in them too lol.
Once I feel ready, start to commit more time to NL50 hu. About $150 of this months prof comes from there atm, I ran prob a tad over EV (will put them into PT and look at my bb/100 later) as a couple of big hands held, but in general I feel bumhunting table selection would see me a consistent winner on there. One buyin a day = enough for vegas with not much pressure.I've seen people have 20 bi days etc on weekends so I really think thats my best opportunity. If I get to $750 or so and think I can do well, I may sell a % of myself so I'm properly rolled + can have a proper grind at it. We shall see, I really want 1.5k ish but with good game selection I think 1k would be ok. Some of the play is so amazing I think I have to play!

2) Life

-Graduation in July
-Week in Sweden with Jeal, visiting Owe
-A few days away with the Mrs in a country hotel
-3 weeks in Vegas
-My 21st party, jeals 21st party, about 4-5 other close friends bdays
-Moving into new house, with full size poker table!
-Renewing rod licence and improving my Carp PB
-A couple of trips to DTD to play the 1/2 games
-Basically playing online to subsidise my life
-Making sure I read up on whatever industrial econ stuff happens over the summer.

All in all, life is good and I can't wait til Monday 5.15pm.

-Adam

2 comments:

  1. haha, sounds like a good plan! Vegas should be amazing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.fansonline.net/fishing/article.php?id=297

    Try the Witch lake for that carp PB - expensive but an amazing place.

    Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete