Monday 12 January 2009

First and last session of the day

Firstly, congrats to owe, played a solid donkament last night (i came 100th ish after a hero called my squeeze with K9o (i had J10s), gg. $10 into ~$1500 is always nice.

Ok so i have a few hours before lectures and see a few decent nl100 5max tables going on whitebet, sit with my standard 50 as am underrolled for the games.

3 hands in make it 3 from button with Qd 10c, sb calls. Board comes Ad Kd 3d, he checks i bet 4 he flats. Turn brick, he leads for 6, am like wtf line is this. Flat behind. River 7d, he checks, i bet $18 and he snaps, hh shows he had A10o. Weird, on $80.

Precisely next hand, I haven't got the HH as insta shut the client and whitebets hh thing has serious issues.

Dealt 22 on CO. UTG who i have down as standard in notes makes it $3.50, i flat, blinds fold. Board comes 562 rainbow (yay, sets). he bets 6 into 8. I figure i can flat here as it looks like a float, and raising gets him off his missed hands etc. Turn is a 7 bringing two hearts and he insta bets 15. Now I figure he must have an overpair or a SC two pair/pair and o/ended and want to build up the pot, so CiB (click it back, min raise to 30 leaving 35 behind) and he insta reships. I o/c call, he has 89hh. River doesn't pair (standard), and im like fml. Was a standard hand I think, am never ever folding but I think flatting the flop is +EV against his range itlr. Thoughts?

A couple of people have asked me my p/l for 2008. I know at end of aug it was ~+£1.5k online but have pretty much broken even since then. I have different databases across PO and PT, PO is up and PT is down. PT is just my full tilt account where am stuck $400, and am running -600 in EV. So in "theory" i should be up $200, not stuck 400. Variance :( . Admittedly haven't played as much in past year as i did in 2007, but in my short career haven't had this long break even stretch so it kinda sucks.

On the upside poker soc is going really well, alongside everything else i do. Economics society are in the student paper this fortnight which will be good as its another thing i can put in my masters appy. Got the postgrad day @ uea coming up in a week or so, am gunning for the full scholarship for either the exp. econ or industrial econ courses, gl me.
No poker til weds now, have lecs 1-5 then out in norwich tonight with friends and gf, then running/lecs tomo and will prob just read tomo night. Wed is the bet365 freeroll so will play that with wakes/tidey/joe/dave alongside a couple of cash tables, probably best to go back down to nl50. grind ftl.

BR at start of holiday: $400.
BR peak: $720
Current BR: 450.

nhl...

No comments:

Post a Comment