Wednesday 28 January 2009

Full Tilt..

So.. here I am sitting at my computer, thinking about my game, and against what I know to be the best option I decide I will have one last final pop at Full Tilt..

3 games in (10 handed Super Turbo SNG - start on 10 BB, new level every 3 mins)

Win: 0
Lose: 3
Buy IN $3.50 + 0.30... -$11.40


I am sick of people calling with crap, and general fish mistakes that means that making the right move isnt good enough, and luck is the only real thing of importance.. So decide (some may say foolishly) to raise the stakes..

Standard SNG $10 +1 6 handed NLH..

After about 1 hour.. I have won it.. taking $39 for my troubles. which puts me in definate profit this morning..

-11.4 + 28 = $16.6

It's not an astronomical amount, but its good, and I think I may be checking out the $10 SNGs a bit more often. At the moment though, my current bankroll is probably not sufficient for me to be comfortable with playing on the $10s regularly.. will try and build it up to about $200, then will take on this level more frequent.. current BR is $134.88 accross FTP, Stars and PKR..

Anyways.. Here is the winning hand..

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3779223

Little discussion needed, I was about 90% sure he was on the straight draw, and if either the A or the 10 fall, I am away from it.. Good read ftw..

I had a fair idea of his game, we had been chatting most of the time, and I had been watching him fairly closely, as I noted him as being the strongest player at the table, and we held a chip lead between us for about 70% of the game.. I guess he thought that his A high was good enough with the call on the river.

His key stats were.. (thanks to Poker Office)

See Flop 29.5%
See Turn from Flop 48.5%
Pre Flop Raise 2.7%!!!

Looking back it seems like a very high call rate, with little attempt to raise, that said his "player status" was Tight.. Passive pre, aggressive post (flop).. and regardless of numbers, watching his game gave me a good feel for his style..

I think if he had made straight/ paired the flop he would have raised/ re raised on flop, and the way I figured it, even if he had Jacks or Ks, with my betting he could prob fold them with the belief in a straight..

Right.. I'm off, enough poker for this morning, I must get on with some work.

GG.GL.

1 comment:

  1. Hey ya, Mark.Congrats on bein in the black for the day.
    Just thought i would say when your complaining about the right move not being good enough and complaining about the fish getting lucky, this is due to that your playing a super turbo SNG when you only start with 10BB!. this isn't poker it is a crabshoot. If you consider yourself a poker player then i tihnk it would be better to keep away from SNGs with this structure.

    ReplyDelete