Wednesday 28 January 2009

NPC Teams tourney / NL30 whilst working.../Life

Live:

NPC Teams tournament was on Sunday. Our team was Me Joe Jeal and Chris, so only one leak. Ha! It was a 64 dym shootout format. Tables of 8, top 4 go through to next round. I won my first two tables (1st in chips on both at end), but lost 66 vs 93 aipre, AJ vs A8 vs 77 and finally A3 vs J9o when short to go out 6th on my penultimate table. Jeal got through to the FT, and if i'd have won one of the first two hands mentioned above i'd have won my penultimate table, rendering us team champions and £450 richer. + whatever prize money i got at the FT. Alas, we chopped 2nd place in the teams comp and got a bit of money for bounties, up £60 as a team overall. I also won £65 in cash, ship. Tidey's team (uea members Tidey Wakes Dave and Tyler) tid for £420 + chopped 2nd place with us, so all in all uea rolled up some decent munns.

Online:

I decided to let a table of NL30 run as I was doing some bits on my computer, just to see how the game played out when I play super ABC. I managed to get QQ aipf against QJ and 78s for $40 pot and held.

I also played this hand, which I found interesting:

https://www.pokernetwork.co.uk/games/handhistory/?sRoundReference=P4%2d87456412%2d32

I meant to make it .90 pre. I actually had AK and decided since I wasn't sure how on earth to play a hand like this postflop, I would simply ship it and hope I had 3-6 outs if he called. lol!

Ended up $30 in an hour, we shall take.

Ongame roll: $680.

WP to Owe for taking down the big deal on ongame for $42k, and to Chal for a 3rd in the super series for £500 + change.

Life:

Am now looking at all my options for the next couple of years. I think I'm going to apply for ESRC 1+3 (MSc and PhD funding) for experimental eco, with a rough PhD thesis around problem gambling and attitudes to risk. Either that or Behavioural IO with a thesis around game theoretic concepts in mergers.
Chinese is hard. I come out of every lecture thinking its getting easier, then a day later have no idea what half the characters mean. Meh.
Tomo I face the task of finalising plans for the 14th, any suggestions?!

Madrid with Jeal to see Owe in 8 days....siiick!

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment