Saturday 17 January 2009

Live Donkament, NL£100 live, and NL$50 online

Last night played at NPC

Played the tournament, £10 double chance. At break had 13k, average stack was 12k. By the end of the 2nd level after the break I had 30k and average was 15k, reading souls ftw.

Hand 1) 8d 4d in BB. Effective stacks 10k (I cover) Blinds 200-400 with a 100 ante iirc. So pot 1600. Drunk button makes it 1k total, and I look at him. He absolutely freezes! It was like wtf is he up to here, bless. I call the 600 (600 into 2600.) Board comes Q 6 Q two diamonds. I check, he bets 1.5k into 3.2k, I flat. I planned on CRAI the turn if < 10. Turn is an 8, and now I am definately good in my mind. I check, and he bets 3k with 4k behind. I look at him and he is definately bluffing, and decide the best line is probably to check call the river and if he hits 4 outs so be it. Probably the wrong line, but meh. So i flat and check the 10h river (eek) and he checks behind and mucks.

Get moved to harder table with one special looking guy and a semi ok lag. Then Joe gets moved to my table but hes on my direct right, which is handy. I have a complete rock to my left, so all in all is a good spot. Dwindle down to 20k (blinds 500 1k, raise with AQ and have to fold to flop shove etc), then play a fucked up hand.
I have A9s in mp, but two rocks to my left so am in effect the cutoff. I make it 3k at 600 1200 200. LAG calls from sb, we're HU. Board comes KK5 two diamonds. (I have clubs) He checks, I bet 5.2k. He thinks for a while, moves his cards like he's going to muck, then covers them again. Then he thinks, and ships on me. Its 8k more, and i have 13k behind. Am like fml. I look at him and he is not strong whatsoever. I figure he just has to be on a move, if im wrong i probably have 6 outs. He doesnt have diamonds. I ask him stuff and he is proper mehhh. Anyhow, it takes me about 3-4 minutes and I eventually fold, and as soon as I did i was like ffs as I thought my read was good. He showed A3, then the dealer decided to run it, the 5 paired so we would have chopped. GG life. Lesson learned i guess, trust your read.
I talked to the guy after the tournament finished and he was like if I knew you were that good a player I wouldn't have moved in, probably just being nice but nice to get a completement anyway.

I ended up with 10k at 1k 2k 200, folded to me on button, i shipped with atc - happened to have 52o - and the rock had AJ, gg.


Had 10% in joe who was playing really good too, we're both thinking really well atm. He played an AQ hand with suchhh a good line against the aggro donk to extract max val, and should have won it. (4 handed, QQ < JJ for 1/2 chips in play, he still had some behind and they ended chopping £320 - £275-275-275, so still a £250 proff.)


Sat online for around half an hour, lost $40 at NL50. KJ spades, raise to 1.50 pre, button flats. Board AA8 one spade, i check he checks. Turn 5s, i bet 2.20, he min raises to 4.40. Am like wut, and call. river 3s, i check and he bets 6. Tidey was like i just flat, but sta shows him having so many other random A combos that i think a raise is prudent, so make it 14. Of course he min raises back, and I cry call the 8 more or w/e and he has A3. Handy river....notttt.

Play for a bit more and look over to the .50p £1 tables that are running, and one is too good for me not to play. I get £40 off joe and we decide to go 50:50 (£20 each).

Hand 1: Stradled hand. 77 in c/o, a few people limp for £2, nick the fish looks at one and ships for 18. I reship for 40, others fold, he ends up having AQ and i win the flip. On 60.
Hand 2: 4 limpers, i limp in c/o with Q10o. Button makes it 4 and gets 3 callers, so i call 3 more. Pot 20. Board comes Jc 9s 2c. Checked to me, i elect to check behind and button checks too. Turn = 8h, happy days. Checked to nick the fish who bets 9, i decide to flat and evaluate river as only have 35ish behind anyway and if i ship its evident i have nuts. To my suprise button flats too. Pots now 50. River is the 8d. Nick bets 18, and here i think is an interesting spot. The button was SUPER spewy at overcalling, and i was pretty sure nick had air and wouldnt call a shove, so i flatted hoping button would do. Alas he folded, but nick had air and i was on 90ish.
Hand 3: Kid in mid position (srsly, looked 12) is sitting with 200 and playing the biggun. He makes it 9 pre (at .50 1, lol) and i look down at black Aces. I make it 25 total, and he flats. I figure he has 77-QQ, AK AQ here as was semi competent but still special. Board comes 764 two diamonds, and he insta checks. He looks strongish, and I know he likes to use terms like fold equity etc, so bet bet 25 and try to look really nervous. He takes like 10 secs and ships (of course i have to have AK right?) and i call, he has QQ with the Qd. 3rd diamond on the turn, and a nice black six on the river. On 180.
Play a couple more standard hands over the session but not much, and ended cashing out 200 total so 160 proff, 80 each.

Good session.

Play some 6max 4 tabling this aft and ended down 60 in some standard hands. Guy makes it 2 pre and gets 2 callers, i have KcKs on button and make it 10. first guy calls, rest fold. Board comes AAQ two diamonds, I check and he checks behind. Turn is a brick, i bet 14 and he ships for 40 total. So that was 30. Lost a flip against a shortie for $10, and then ran generally dry in the rest.

Balance back down to $440, bleh.

Off to noodle place / film later with gf, will prob play a decent session tomorrow night.

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment