Monday 27 April 2009

The best blog post in the world

I am not sure if any of you have seen Black Books, but there is an episode where Bernard and Manny write a childrens book. The problem is, it is SO good, that they simply have to destroy it.

That is much the case with my report from last night. I ran SO bad it was unreal, I have never EVER had a session like it. Jeal will testify to my steambear nature. My new spotify account name is even STEAMBEAR, lol.
However, I had so much fun grinding with Lewis that it was also the funnest session I have ever had too. In fear that describing it might result in some sort of Poker world implosion (in that you can lose half roll + have your best session at the same time), I shall simply list a few key moments combined with some of the beats I took.

SNG bubbles, either 18 man or 6 max:

18 man, 6 left, 4 paid: 63 in bb, button limps, i check. We both have 4.5k, blinds 100 200. Board 9 6 3 rainbow, I check, he bets 500 into 500, I decide to overbet shove, he snaps with K9. K turn, gg.

18 man: KK utg 5 handed, so bubble. I have 5k, am in theory short but two people have 6k. Blinds 100 200, i make it 499 utg. BB calls. Board 8 5 3. He bets 400, i make it 999. He flats. Turn 5, he open ships. Am simply not folding here ever. I call, he has K8. 8d river.

2 x Sets vs flopped straights with monkey hands
3 x two pairs vs top pairs counterfeited
Turned flush, get 3/4 of stack in, he rivers 1 outer gutshot straight flush, cheers.


OF COURSE I did win one really funny hand. $9 tournament, 900 runners, FINAL TABLE ONLY paid, so am getting it in all over the shop. I have 6k, a few others do too. Get AKo utg+2. Blinds 125 250. UTG makes it 750, +1 calls...i elect to flat. C/o ships for 5k, bb calls, utg reships, utg +1 calls and its on me. I was going to fold OBV as am crushed here, but Jeal is all play ftw etc and am super steambear so call anyway.

Was up against AA, KK, KQ and 86o. I have Ah Kx, Standard 3 heart flop then the trusty 2h on the turn for them all to be dead...is that my 26k pot with 4% equity pre?! Lol.

Other fun stuff:

- Singing to Celine Dion with scented candles on the go at 4am

- Jeal jumping face down into his bed when his 4 outer comes on riv when deep in donkament (AK vs JJ aipf, J 10 x x Q board)

- Jeal saying oh christ, he has quads when he gets reraised on the river of an 8 K Q 7 7 board..Jeal had 88 and cry called like a fish.

- The man on Spotify telling us he was a freezer

- The countless times we got it in 70:30 preflop when 3 handed, lost, and just laughed at how staaaaandard it was.

- Telling a player called BenNDawn his wife was in the pic was foul, then half of the table jumping in with comments

- Jeals sharkscope

- My sharkscope

In general was a pretty funny night. Definately having a session with Joe too soon where we will read souls for fun.

Will, touchwood, be updating this blog tomorrow with some sick news. Fingers crossed.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment