Thursday 23 April 2009

End of Day 3

Morning chaps,

Just finshed playing and feel meh! Just played the $20 1r1a $20k gtd on pokerstars. 621 runners, 72 paid $28.6k in the prize pool. You start with 3k in chips and i decided to rebuy straight away and start with 6k. In the first level i didnt get many hands and stay on 6k for the majority. At this time for some reason i was lacking patience, i think it was because i was hungry, so i got some pasta down my beak. In this time when i was lacking patience, i decided to get fruity with 65os in the cutoff. Blinds were 40/80 so i made it 199. Small blind called me and the flop came 7dQd7x, he has 5.5k so i have him covered by 500 chips. He checked and i bet 299 and he called. Turn came a 5 and he led out for 400 so i made it 999 and he called. Reason for my raise on the turn is that i am pretty sure he has 2nd pair like pocket 8's and i wanted to represent strength as i have throughout the hand. Plus raising here means the pot has increased and now on the river he is going to have to call me for his tourament life with 2nd pair and be a hero. I was hoping he would fold but he called. The river came a 4, the pot is now around 3.1k and i have 4.5k behind and he has 4k. He leads out again for 800 and i reraised him all if for his tourament life and he passed, which was handy :-)

At the break im on 8.5k, i pay $20 for a 3k add on and now my stack is 11.5k. Soon after the break i get pocket 8's UTG +1. Blinds are 50/100...UTG makes it 300 so i called, cutoff calls and the button makes it 1k. UTG calls, i call and the cutoff folds. Flops comes 8d 10d 5c.....UTG checks, i check, knowing the button must have Aces or Kings here. Button makes it 2k...UTG makes it 5.5k and go all in for 11.5k. Button only has 2k behind so he calls and so does UTG. Button has got Kings and utg has for Ad4d. SQUEEEZEEE...turn came 2h so now UTG has a gutty aswell. River came the 10h to give me a house. Is that my 28k?

For the rest of the hour i hardly played a hand, was playing a few sitngo's whilist playing the tourney. OMG, was just sitting here, minding my own busy and all over a sudden...THIS IS THE RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT can blasting out of my speakers. Thats scared the S*** out of me. Anyway that was weird. After the 2nd break the blinds were 200/400 and i was taking a few blinds and plodding along nicely. Hardly played a hand for a whole hour. 3rd Break soon came around and i was on 40k.

After the 3rd break the blinds were 600/1200 and my stack was around 40k. I had been on the same table for the last two hours and hardly played a hand...so when i picked up 9 10 suited in the hijack, i treated myself to a raise of 2989 and the button called(stack 30k). Flop came Kh 5h 3s. I fired a continuation bet of 3999 into a pot of around 7k and he called. The turn came 6c and now the pot is 15k and he has 23k behind. At this time my thinking was to represent and simular to earlier in the tournment making a play which is putting the other persons tourament on the line. He hadnt shown any strength in the hand at any stage so on the turn i fired another bullet of 10789, so it was either fold or all in for the other guy. In this situation i am trying to make him think i have AK....after a long time of thinking and me squeezing my bum cheeks together, he decided to fold. Good fold :-) That pot puts me on 48k

Next blind level 800/1600 i pick up kings UTG +2, UTG ships for 5k and i flat call hoping that someone finds AK QQ JJ or something someone fancies getting fruity with and making a squeeze play. As it turns out everyone folds and im up against Q9os and the board came K high. See ya. Now on 56k....guy in the cutt off makes it 4k so i raised with A9os to 9999 and he called. Flop came A 9 4.....RACK! He checked and i checked behind. He only has 18k left so im hoping by checking behind he ships any turn, Turn came a 7 and he bet 6k so i made it 33333 and he folded :-)

Few hands later i am UTG+2 and i have 8's with a stack of around 75k. UTG raises to 4k and he has me covered so i call. Button calls and the small blind makes it 14k. UTG folds and i would normally fold but i felt sure he hd AK so i decided to call (LAGGY) and the button folds. The board came down 6c7c7d. He then led for 18k leaving himself 50k behind and i flat called because i felt sure he had AcKc. And you all know me, i like to do my action on the turn. But this left me about 45k behind. STRANGE HAND!!!!! turn came another 7 and he insta checked which i thought was handy and i decided to check behind. The river came a 10 and he checked so i checked behind too. He had AcKc...reading souls as per. Standard Tidey comment! But that hand was weird but it got me up to 130k and i was chipleader at the 4th break.

After the 4th break the blinds were 1.5k/3k. I picked up Loyal 3's in middle position and raise to 7989 and the small blind calls me. I was very suspect of this guys call. I wasnt putting another chip in the pot unless i hit a 3. So there is 20k in the pot and the flop comes 3 3 10! BOOOM!!!!! absolute dream flop! I couldnt believe it and im sure this guy is slow playing a big pair aswell. HE checks to me and i bet 11999. He takes he time....he has got 90k behind. Im praying that i am reading souls again and i right about him slow playing a aces or kings. And he ships HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!! IS THAT ALL GOING TO BE MINE?!?!?!? Insta call and he has got Jacks. Goodbye Son. 3 hands later ive still got 260k and im UTG with AKsuited. i raise to 8999. button calls and BB ships for 50k more....i took my time for alittle while was hoping he was making a squeeze play and that we werent flippin....so i reshipped and he had Queens and i lost :-(

Back down to 200k and we have a new arrival on the table, he has got chips and he is being a loose cannon. I raised the button with A10 and he reraises from the small blind. Next hand i get AKos and the blinds are 2.5k/5k and i make it 12898 and he insta raises to 36k. I take my time and reship. He snap calls with AQos and i punch the air. Flop comes KdQd5s i shout YES, GET IN. turn comes a 9 and the river comes a queen. see you later lewis......

That pot was for 420k....it put him on 550k and 4 hands later he was down to 225k. He called two reraises with A3 suited and pocket 2's and lost both. And that me feel Meh!!!!! Standard shat on in the latter part of a tourney for me.

On the plus side....sitngo wise. I have now played 167 in 3 days. I had a fairly standard day at the office....Things are now looking better and im in profit now. I feel like i have tuned my game quite well already. Espically my play in the first 2 level of the sitngo's which is quite vital. Need to tune my game 3 handed thought i think...i duno. Im constantly giving it a thought because i keep getting in spots where i raise the button and a guy ships and im getting 2/1 so i call hoping my cards and live and then end up losing. Need to borrow that book off Boyle. Tomorrow 3 handed im going to be less aggressive and try and not get in such spots as often. Im not sure. If you have any opinion or advice you would like to give about this then that would be nice.

Right, i best head off to bed....ive been wrting this for ages and i havent bothered rereading so enjoy the mistakes. Rivers is picking me up at 8 in the morning and we are going to grind at his for a while. Then around 12 we are meeting up with sandra and april. Valllllll.

adios amigos

Jools x lol x

2 comments:

  1. UL for the tourney.

    Although I'm obv levels below you in the SNGs I always know what I'm doing before I raise. Like Middle stages I'll raise/fold hands like AT and KJ if I'm on like ~20BBs if short then I'll fold the KJ (Position dependent obv) and ship the AT.

    If you're raising the button with the intention of calling a ship from the blind then it's better to just ship dependent on the stack sizes of the blinds too. Becareful about raise folding pre too much though as I've notice you can properly exploit some people who raise fold weak hands and ship good hands. but I dunno know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't logged in for a while, sorry it took so long for me to moderate the comment!

    -Adam

    ReplyDelete